Tuesday 15 April 2008

Pay it forward: Fabulous socks!!

There was a parcel waiting for me when I got home from work today. It was my Pay it Forward gift from the lovely Sarah! You have no idea how excited this made me. I've been quite down in the dumps of late, the timing couldn't have been better!

Even though the anticipation was killing me, please be impressed that I savoured the moment and managed to take a 'before' photo:

IMG_0664

Isn't it such a beautiful and inviting package :o)

And this, of course, is the 'after':

IMG_0666

How gorgeously fantastic are they!! (the photo just isn't doing them any justice) The colours couldn't be more perfect. I'm so impressed that people can make such small, perfect and beautiful things. Thank you so much Sarah, you are a very talented knitter! I really love them and am wearing them as I type. I loved the knitting based card that you sent too (just peeping out in the photo above), my other half is going to roll his eyes when he notices it on the mantelpiece :oD

A further 'after' shot will follow...when I've shaved my legs ;o) and the light is better.

My own PIFers should not loose hope! I'm almost finished, so hold tight, it won't be long now. I still only have two, I'll be looking for a third soon. If anyone is interested, sign up on the original post here.

That's all for now from this cosy toed Von, I need to get some knitting done as I've got a Birthday deadline to meet.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good willpower for the before shot!! Glad you can enjoy your toasty toes, thank you for the compliments and good luck with the b'day knitting :o)

Littlelou said...

I got my PIF gift from Sarah too, yet to post on my blog..but it was fab!! Great photos, please check mine out soon xx