Sunday 29 June 2008

SP12: Question of the Week 2 & 3

Ok, sorry for being crap and answering these a bit late, not spent much time at the pc of late. I'm sitting here dyeing my hair red (again), I've got 20 minutes until I have to rinse. My hair is quite dark so I never get the bright colour that I would like, but it generally gets a good tint.

So to business:

As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?

I used to love just messing about. There was a big field just next to my parents house and all the kids used to gravitate there. It was a great field with a hill which varied in slope with a big expansive flat bit at the bottom, perfect for sledging or bike riding. We also used to play tennis/football/kerby/made up ball games in the street - but there were less cars back then (70s/80s).

I was also quite fond of entertaining myself and could loose myself very easily in books, Lego worlds, toy car towns with the streets drawn out on a blackboard on the floor. Oh those were the days. I wish it was as easy to loose yourself in things as an adult as it was as a child. (Knitting sometimes comes close).

What would you consider the perfect amount of stash?

Hmmmm. Less than I have, but more focused would be ideal.

When I first started knitting last year, I quickly got into buying stuff (even before I knew that other people did that too - I was relieved to find out it was a bit of a knitters weakness). I made a lot of purchases then, of stuff I probably wouldn't have bought so much of now. I also get sucked into sales, and buy loads of stuff without having an idea of what I'm going to do with it. I'm also a hoarder, so find it difficult to part with things!

So not sure that there is a perfect amount of stash, but having good stuff that you know what you're going to do with would be ideal. I will never have that stash.

Right, I've got red gloop running down the side of my face, I need to go rinse this stuff off my hair, face, hands etc...

No comments: