Saturday 17 May 2008

Clapotis and socks

I've not actually made any progress with my clap today, but this is how its looking so far...

IMG_0755

...see what I mean about the colours? They're lovely, but...predictable. I'm making it with Wendy Fusion (got it v. cheap) and I'm getting a little concerned about how it's going to work out. I've not long since started my third ball and the colour changes aren't all contained within one ball but carry across two. The first ball had the dark pink and green as its main colours, with smaller sections of purple and blue. The second ball had purple and blue as it's main colours with small sections of pink and green - but I made sure the colour started in about the right place by unwinding a bit of the start of the ball (can't remember what colour it started with, but it wouldn't have looked right). The third ball is like the first. Looking at the rest of the balls, they all start with the same colours, so this two ball repeat thing may not last. I hope I've explained that ok(?). I'm trying not to worry, it could just be me being paranoid.

The only knitting that I've done so far today is starting my socks again. Only a few rows in, but it's progress :o)

IMG_0758

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The clapotis looks fab - not too sure I understand the issue with the colour changes but hope it works out as you would like.

Good luck with the second incarnation of the socks.

Thanks for putting up my little button :o)