Saturday 17 May 2008

Not much going on...

It's been a bit quiet on the knitting front lately. Just as I was getting my oomph back my arthritis has decided to start playing silly-beggars. I'm hoping it's starting to settle down but my hands, although not overly painful, feel a bit swollen and aren't working as well as they might. Tsk.

My socks have been frogged and are waiting to be cast on again. As well as making a mistake with the toe increases (which I was going to live with) I made quite a few mistakes once I got into the pattern. It got to the point where it would be easier to start again that try and fix it. So, that's what I'm going to do. I was surprised at how well I got on with the tiny needles, so as long as that continues, I'll have a pair of socks...in about a year ;o) Oh and Sarah - thank you so much for offering to finish them off if I don't make it, that was such a lovely offer! Although I'll keep it in mind, I really hope I don't need to take you up on it :o)

In other news, I've started work on my first Clapotis. I had a strong start, but things have slowed because of my stupid hands. I'm still doing a few rows each day, it's good exercise. I love the colours of the yarn I've chosen, but not so keen on the uniform colour changes. Pictures to follow. I've just done my third drop stitch. It's on 6mm needles and those don't seem too bad to work with.

I've got another project in mind. More details when I've got more time but briefly, it's a pattern that is for a discontinued yarn. I've not been able to find a suitable sub but did manage to lay my hands on enough of the right yarn in the wrong colour. I'm going to dye it black. This will be my first dyeing experience.

Lastly, I've signed up for Secret Pal 12. Other than Pay it Forward, I've never taken part in a swap before. Hope it goes well!

No comments: