Wednesday 10 September 2008

Quick update - I've been knitting!

After what feels like a low that has lasted forever, I'm trying to pull myself together and get back on top of things. This, of course, includes knitting and I did get some quality knitting time in over the weekend. I suppose rain does have it's advantages...

I've decided to make knitted gifts for a friends two kids whose birthdays are less than a month apart. I'm making a pinwheel cardie for their little girl - I love this pattern and I had some machine washable pink and purple long colour-change yarn in my stash (Wendy Fusion, same stuff that I used for my clapotis but in a different colour way - got it really cheap in a sale and bought more than I'd ever need). It grew very quickly, although there was a lot of tinking involved at a few points where I'd missed a yarnover or two (grr).

IMG_1077

I'm making their little boy a toy tortoise. They do have a real tortoise, so this will double as a friend for it too. It does look a bit ambitious, but we'll see how I go. Not got the link to hand for the pattern at the mo, and I've only done 4 rows so far, so not worth taking a photo just yet.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hurrah for the knitting! That looks like a great pattern and good luck with the tortoise :o)