Tuesday 9 October 2007

One third done

DSCF0289

I just cast off the first of three chunky cable strips which will make my take on the cable comfort throw. The index finger of my right hand hates me and wants me to stop (one of my joints is swollen) where as I'm itching to cast on the next one! I shouldn't really as I only have a two half balls of yarn, with more on order - but no promise of getting the same dye lot. It would make things less obvious if I wait and do the other two strips in the new yarn, rather than having to change mid-strip. But how different could the colours possibly be? I have a feeling I may just have to start and just hope for the best. Alternatively, I could pick up one of my other WIPs... or even give myself a break!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Are you resting your poor hand and enjoying Ravelry instead of knitting? Always a good option for the frustrated knitter.

Claire said...

I'm loving the cables - be careful with the dye lots - it depends on the brand and the dye lot from what I can tell - I've had some where you wouldn't know, and others where it's looked a different (but toning, so a strip in each would go well) shade.
Thank you for your comment on my blog by the way - and I've enjoyed reading yours - I'll be back.

von said...

Thank you both for your comments :o)

Your advice re the dye lots is what I suspected...but tried to ignore. I scratched my itch by knitting 6 rows of a new strip, just to see how the border looked (I'm going to do a 6 st. wide border in moss stitch). It looks fine, and I'll frog it and start again when I get my hands on the new yarn.

My hand is a lot better now thanks, I rested it most of yesterday by spending some time on Ravelry. I picked some knitting up in the evening, I got remarkably far with my girlie pink leg warmers, I finished the first one this morning (yey!) and have cast on the next.

Kath said...

Hi, thanks for the comment. It is frustrating when it's painfull to knit esspecially when you still really want to be knitting. My left arm is giving me bother on and off and for me I think it was my heavy chunky yarn and big needles that agrivated things. I am trying to rest but there are just too many things that need knitting right now! Hope you feel better soon!