Sunday 30 September 2007

Frogging thoughts...

Proof of me not getting on with bamboo dpns and cotton-rich yarn. At least, I'm hoping it's the bamboo...and not just me not being good with dpns...

The yarn doesn't flow well over these needles and, as you can see in the photo, the stitches are really loose on the needle change over at the cable bits. I didn't get this kind of really loose stitch when I made the hat.

I think I'm going to frog it, ready to start again when my new Brittany birch dpns arrive. At least I didn't get very far with it. I just can't believe how much I don't want to re-do it when I frogged and experimented far more when making the hat - this is nothing!

Update: I frogged it. I've started it again. I'm not overly confident that it was the bamboo dpns who were at fault. Hmm.

1 comment:

Tusa said...

Looking forward to seeing it too. And to seeing your stuff on Ravelry.