Saturday 29 September 2007

Priorities

There's so much I want to do knitting-wise, I thought I should make some kind of list to make sure I don't forget anything! So...this is what I'm doing...and the order that I'm doing it in...

  1. Poncho for me! Our house is rubbish (rented) and although it's got double glazing, there is absolutely *no* insulation in the roof. In the winter we seem to heat the sky as no heat seems to stay in the house at all! My knitting habit will have to help me keep warm. This is the pattern I'm using: Bear Cub Poncho.
  2. Pink girlie leg warmers to match the pink girlie hat I made. I need to get these finished as they are supposed to be a gift (a belated birthday pressie). I'm having a bit of a crap time using the cotton yarn on bamboo double pointed needles - I might post about this at some point soon. I've ordered some Brittany birch needles which I'm hoping will be better (I'm very fond of wood).
  3. Hat and scarf for me. I have the pattern and the yarn...just need the time. I'm going to use Sirdar Bigga so it won't take long! This is another priority project as it's been a chilly week, very autumnal.
  4. Two boys hats. My boyfriends kids have requested a hat each, and I feel I should get these done as I put them both through the trauma of trying on the pink girlie hat to make sure I'd made it about the right size!
  5. A Christmas gift for my two nieces - not sure what this will be yet, may a bag or a hat. I don't want them to be massive projects. I might make my sister-in-law something too for her birthday in December).
  6. Three Pay It Forward (PIF) gifts. I'll be posting about this soon, but I signed up for this on Sarah's All Fingers and Thumbs blog. I'm really excited about taking part - it's just a shame its number 6 on my list :o( I have idea's about the kind of things I'd like to make too!
  7. Poor orange jumper, last on the list (at least, on the list I'm admitting to). I'm not sure about the colour anymore, and I'm beginning to wish I'd chosen a machine washable yarn. My hands don't like hand washing. I try and avoid it. My other half managed to dye a whole wash purple today because he unintentionally washed a purple dress that's been at the bottom of the laundry basket for months, waiting to be hand washed...it had been there since we got back from Glastonbury! I'm going to finish the jumper though! I'm more than half way through it.

All this and ravelry too! What a fabulous website! I've worked out how to get around - just not had time to add everything to it. I think I'll just have to chip away and add stuff when I can. It's probably for the best (she says, trying desperately not to become completely obsessed with it).

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Plenty to keep you busy here! The queue feature in ravelry shows we all have the same endless lists of what we're going to make next!

Hope you get on well with the Brittany Birch needles - I love them :)