Monday 24 September 2007

Works in progress

I have two main projects on the go at the moment (and several more minor ones).

Firstly I have this...
DSCF0022

which I’m making in orange Twilleys Freedom. So far I’ve finished the back and half a sleeve...
DSCF0083

I’m a fairly rubbish photographer which is why this one is so fuzzy :o(

I’m fairly happy with the way it’s turning out although I wish I’d chosen the dark red instead of the orange. It seemed like a good idea at the time though. Secondly, it’s quite squishy and I think it would work a bit better as a more solid fabric, so using the correct yarn may have been a better idea. Ah well, not to worry.

I’m also desperately trying to finish a hat and leg warmers for a friends little girl. I’m enjoying using my new Denise needles, but not at all enjoying knitting on small (6.5mm) needles. I also took it upon myself to learn how to do cables for it, which are a bit fiddly for my hands, as well not actually following a pattern but make one up myself. I’ve already had to unpick half of it because my cable design wasn’t working, but I now seem to be on track. I’ve made it more simple, which I think I should have done in the first place! Talk about trying to run before you can walk. I don’t plan to do any shaping, but pince it along the top edge with a three needle cast-off - another technique that I’ve read about but not actually done before!! Anyway, this is my progress so far…

DSCF0082

No comments: